Monday, December 26, 2016

Softee Mango Butter Hair Dress.


  So I decided to try some, for lack of a better word, grease on my hair. I had been thinking about trying it out for awhile, and this one looked promising. 


The ingredients were not too bad, except the petrolatum. (It is hair grease, after all.) With that in mind I gave it the old college try. And the price was around $1.50 or less at Walmart, so.. 


I set my hair in twists. During the cooler months, I like to do this. My hair doesn't give a good defined result I've found, but it gets a slight wave and a pretty good stretch. So this would be my sealant. 


One such twist. Notice the little sheen to it. And it was very soft. 


The end result was pretty nice. As you can see from the smile, I liked it. 

This is one of those products that I may revisit. It didn't leave my hair SUPER oily, but it is grease so there will be oil. My hair liked it well enough, no weird petroleum reaction like I have with straight Vaseline. (Hard, dry, yet some how greasy hair. And it took MULTIPLE washings to remove it all! Straight petroleum is a no go for me.) It was just a little oily. Like gel is a little sticky or crunchy. Annoying, but not enough to make you leave it forever if your hair likes it. I will note that over time, my hair started to feel a little dry. Remember petrolatum is a very powerful sealant. It deals in moisture, but can also seal it out- which is why it's great for flat ironing. This dryness happened after maybe the 3rd week of using it. But as I recall (I used this last fall... Yeah, I'm a little behind with reviews. LoL!) it wasn't a big deal. A good scrubbing with my sulfate free shampoo and deep conditioning and I was back in business. No biggie. :)

Well, that's my review of Softee. I purchased this with my own money and even if I hadn't, my opinions are honestly my own. 




No comments:

Post a Comment