Thursday, January 13, 2011

Long Aid Activator Gel

I love this product!! In fact I'm a long time fan! I use to use it back in my jheri curl days and I plan to use it when I'm fully loose. Right now I have just undone 2 locks but I already know I'm going to be using this for my twists and wash and gos..

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Oleth-20, Triethanolamine, Carbomer 940, Aloe vera gel, Panthenol, Hydrolized protein, DMDM Hydantoin, Methylparaben, fragrance (parfum), Propylene glycol, EXT. D&c Violet #2

Gotta love a product who's first ingredients are water and Glycerin!! Now it does have protein, which I really didn't know I tell ya what (Ala Hank Hill on King of The Hill.) But I guess since it is so moisture rich, I haven't had a problem with it. On my two little twists, I use this over leave in and coconut oil, and under Smooth N Shine Gellations styling gel. It seems to give lots of definition and hold, but is soft to the touch. It keeps the twists looking great for a week or more I imagine if I left it there that long. (I don't because I'm trying to UNDO my locks, not make new ones! LoL!!)

The blue label type is great as well, but I don't think it has Aloe. If you don't like Aloe, then that may be a better one to try. I get the green because it seems to moisturize better and makes my hair softer. I've tried all sorts of activators and this one was the best by far when I was drippin' my curl- cause this type of activator doesn't DRIP.. :) And it just softens so well and made those curls POP like crazy.

Will I repurchase? Oh yeah...

Jen

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete